This field guide covers the wild edible mushrooms of Alberta that are most suitable for novice mushroom pickers. Learn how to confidently identify mushrooms based on key characteristics and how to distinguish look-alikes. This comprehensive and lightweight guide is ideal for backpackers, hikers, and other nature enthusiasts.
- over 120 full color photos of edible mushrooms
- 50 detailed species descriptions that assume no knowledge of mycology
- clear descriptions of the key features of each edible mushroom
- 63 look-alike mushrooms and how to tell them apart
- culinary notes, including tips on preparation and preservation