Certificate of Merit, Society of Illustrators 58th Annual Award, Books and Editorial Illustration and Design!
Anyone can draw. Award-winning artist Bruce Waldman has spent the last 30 years teaching people at all levels simple methods for drawing nearly anything imaginable by adapting and simplifying techniques favored by artists since the Renaissance. Now his book Drawing for Everyone provides a clear path to artistic expression for those who have never attempted art before.
- Learn how light and shadow work, how to make objects seem close or far away, how to draw complex things by starting with simple geometric shapes, and more.
- Sketch animals, people, cities, simple objects in your home, complex landscapes, even fantasy imagery.
- Drawing for Everyone contains plenty of step-by-step instruction, but it's more than that -- it's an art class in a book, a guide to discovering your own personal artistic vision.
- Ultimately, the tools and exercises inside will free you to powerfully express your ideas on paper.
- Bruce also shares personal anecdotes about his own creative and teaching experiences through the years.
- Black-and-white and full-color illustrations.
- 160 pages.
- 8-1/2 inches by 11 inches.